Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Feel the love

After how much teaching, "redirection" and structure I provide there are times that I feel less than liked by the kids (yeah, yeah irrational, but it's true). So it's nice when every once in a while the kids let me know just how much they care:

- Recently I went out of town for 3 days. After getting home my least cuddly babe, Lex, just wanted to sit on my lap for a good half hour.

- Last week Evie was able to spend the night with her Nana Jane and I was preparing her for the change in her routine. I let her know Jane would pick her up from school and take her to spend the night at her house. Evie thought it was a great idea but told me that she "would be sad too." When I asked her why, her response was "because I will miss my mommy." Awe. I always figured whenever they hung out with any grandma that I was the last thing they thought about because hanging with their grandmas is their favorite thing.

- This past weekend they went to my mom's cabin for the weekend. It was nice to find out that they wanted me to come to the cabin all weekend. Next time kiddos, next time.

- Can't leave out Sophia. She lets us feel the love every time we go to pick her up out of her crib. That big ole smile is enough to melt anyone's heart!

No comments: