Friday, September 2, 2011

Fitness Milestones: Month 1

Ah, yes, one month done. So where did I end up along my goals list? Here it goes -

Running: I am now done with week 6 of Running Mate 5K 101. In the past 6 weeks I have dropped 4 minutes off my one mile run time (I walk 5 minutes of that time), I've dropped 8:15 off my two mile run time (I walk 8 minutes of that time), and I'm running a 5K in 38 minutes (with 14 minutes of walking). I'm not walking those lengths of time because I have to but because it's part of the training program. I'm excited to to see what the last 2 weeks of the training do to my run time and I'm excited for my first post baby 5K race on September 25th! My fastest time pre-Sophia was 32:30 for the 5K at Lumberjack days in Stillwater. It'd be nice if I could be close to that with my first 5K race post baby, but I'd be happy with anything less than 38 minutes. I have run at minimum of every other day this past month. Some days with the stroller and some days without. I prefer the days without, since I run faster ;-)

Sit-ups: I moved up 3 brackets in the 300 sit-ups program. I am now confident that I could pass the sit-ups portion of my PT test. Probably not very well, but I would be able to pass. My goal is to reach the 70-80 group for sit-ups this next month!

Push-ups: Ick. I hate push-ups. I have been doing a lot of light lifting with Jillian Michaels and the Shred, as well as adding in push-ups, but I haven't stuck with the 100 push-ups program. I think I'd be able to pass push-ups on the PT test, but I'm not sure. *sigh* Goal for this month is to stick with the 100 push-ups program!

Other benefits: My entire life my heart rate has been high. Even when I was in high school and swimming 6-8 miles per day my heart rate was always in the 70s or 80s. Lately, though? My heart rate throughout the day is in the 50s and 60s! My resting heart rate when I wake up in the morning is 42! Holy crap! That's the lowest I've ever seen my heart rate and it makes me happy. With all the bad heart history in my family it's great to know that all this working out has impacted my heart health in a great way.

Ha! Can't believe I didn't even think to write about this until this far into my blog post, but I'm also down 10 lbs in the past month! Woot! Only 5 more to go to make Army weight, 10 until I make pre-Evie pregnancy weight, and 20 until I reach my ultimate goal. It really goes to show that I'm not concentrating on weight loss for my fitness goals considering I didn't even think to include it until I was ready to hit 'publish', lol. Mostly I want to feel healthy. During pregnancy I feel like crap and I'm fully intending to take advantage of being done having kids to get to a point where I feel physically great.

No comments: