Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Busy busy once again

Yesterday was the start of "school" for Evie and Lex again! As much as I dreaded the end of school (aka a daycare center) last May, I really surprised myself by loving staying home all summer with all three kids. The transition was much smoother than when Lex was born. I guess I was just already better at juggling their multiple needs at once and didn't have to learn that this time. So yesterday morning I brought the kids into daycare for their first drop off this fall. I have been stopping by once a week for the past month because Lex had a freak-out moment when I stopped by there during July to pick up our paperwork and I was trying to get them used to it. I was worried yesterday would be difficult for them but it was a piece of cake after 10 minutes of hiding behind my legs. I did get a little teary-eyed leaving them there. I definitely didn't realize how much I was going to miss the little buggers!

Yesterday was also the start of a new semester for me too! I'm taking a full course load basically just so the kids are able to attend daycare. The classes are pre-req's for one of the nursing programs I'm applying to. Not the program that's my #1 choice, but one of my alternatives. All but one of the classes are online so that I'm still able to stay home with Sophia during the day. But holy moly! Between all 4 classes I'm taking there are 4-6 chapters of reading, 4-6 quizzes and other miscellaneous assignments due each week.

You'd think the kids and my classes would keep me busy enough, but, no...I also somehow managed to sign myself up for 30 hours of work this week. To say it's a busy week would be a bit of an understatement! I fully plan to keep the blog up to date but the posts may become a little more infrequent.

--One last shout out request before the end of this post...if anyone took pictures at Evelyn's birthday party this past weekend, please send me some! I was running around so much that I didn't take any :-(

No comments: