Thursday, May 8, 2008

Last week of the second tri

Holy moly! I'm getting big! Lol, I'm sure I'm just going to be getting bigger too :-)

Things are starting to get uncomfortable as I grow. I can no longer cross my legs (probably a good thing to avoid varicose veins), tying my boots every morning is starting to get difficult, and I've lost the ability to sleep more than 2 hours at a time. Oh, and I think I used to take for granted the ability to take a full breath of air!

-BUT- I still very much love being pregnant. The little one is very active in there and all day long I feel her twisting and turning and kicking. It brings a smile to my face even when doing the most mundane tasks.

Last night was our first birthing class and overall it was good. It was loooong, but good. Our instructor just went over our fears about birthing and then the mechanics of giving birth. At the end we went over some relaxation techniques. I really wanted to fall asleep while we did them (hey, it was after 9 pm by this time) but I managed to stay awake.

Overall, things are going well at home. The basement project is still moving along. The baby's room is just about done being decorated. I'm officially done with college. Shaun has been around for a good chunk of time and his work doesn't seem to have any out of town training planned between now and when the baby comes. We also couldn't be asking for better weather, finally! Spring is here and not a moment too soon!

No comments: