Thursday, May 15, 2008

5...4...3...2...1...

One day more until my current job is over -- Five more days until I start the new job -- Seven more days until we get a 3D/4D ultrasound -- Fourteen days until the next appointment with the midwife -- Forty-five more days until I’m out of the Army -- Sixty-six days until the baby shower -- One more trimester, or 91 days, until the baby is due…

I feel like I’m spending all of my time this week just counting down to something! I love that so many changes are taking place but I’m having a hard time being patient and just waiting for things to happen.

Last night was our second hypnobirthing class. I was in a funky mood when we got there so I wasn’t paying a whole lot of attention. Shaun and I appear to be the least able to sit still couple in the group. When there are only 4 couples in the class these things tend to be noticed, oops! We whisper to each other, I find the room to be unbearably hot about 30 minutes into the class and start waving papers in my face, and Shaun can’t sit still for the life of him so he gets up and walks around. There is one non-pregnant lady in the class (who is a sign language interpreter for one of the dads) who decided that the fan was too cold last night and turned it off! After suffering for 20 minutes I turned the fan back on and turned it directly at me. It was just cruel of her, the only one without the rushing hormones, to deny me that source of cool air, lol.

Other than that, the class was good. We watched a couple of birthing videos (I’m never taping my experience) and practiced our relaxation exercises.

Hmmmm…well, I was interrupted in typing and can’t seem to remember all the other stuff I was going to type, lol. Hope everyone’s having a good day!

No comments: