Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I spent this morning with my mom at the Race for the Cure event and had a blast! Apparently walking 5K is a bit hard on me at 6 months pregnant, though, which freaks me out. Something like that would never have phased me pre-pregnancy. Normally I'm doing the run, not the walk. The realization that my body is not the same set me back mentally a bit but did motivate me to get out more during this pregnancy and to get into a workout schedule post pregnancy asap.

Shaun and Dad worked on the plumbing in the basement today too. Unlike all the other days they spent working down there, today I heard much swearing and yelling coming from the basement. Things did not go very well. The evening ended when the main water line coming in on the city's side of the water meter started leaking and we had to call the city to come turn off our water. In order to fix the leak Shaun had to visit 4 different stores, call 2 different plumbers, and eventually visit a specialty wholesale store located about an hour away to get the right part. It's still not quite fixed yet but it should be soon.

Speaking of Shaun, he completely forgot that today was Mother's Day. I didn't expect a gift or any big deal about it but I was hoping that he'd at least say something sweet to me today. Er, no such luck. :eye roll:

No comments: