Friday, December 11, 2009

Words and Communication

I've been amazed with how much Evie talks. It's wonderful and I really feel she's starting to communicate. She'll come over to me and tell me when she's hungry by saying and signing 'eat'. She lets me know when she wants more, is all done, wants up or down, etc. Less and less guess work is involved in meeting her needs. I decided to put together a list of her frequently used words. I've included animal noises too. There are other words she has said too, but they're infrequent or used inappropriately. I think there are more that I'm forgetting at the moment too. Some of the words random strangers probably wouldn't understand her saying because she butchers the word a bit, but they're all said effectively enough for me, Shaun and those who are around her often to understand.

1 Me
2 Daddy
3 Mama
4 Lex
5 Nana
6 Papa
7 Up
8 Down
9 No (her favorite word :)
10 Eat (with sign)
11 Ta da
12 Touch down (Daddy's influence at work here)
13 Bear
14 Ball
15 Book
16 Baby
17 Hi
18 Bye
19 Hello
20 Duck
21 Meow
22 Woof
23 Cluck
24 Neigh
25 Puppy
26 Baa
27 Night
28 Toodles (a character on MM Clubhouse)
29 Mickey
30 All done (with sign)
31 Elmo
32 Box (more frequent with wrapped Christmas gifts sitting out)
33 Please (lots of spit with this one, lol)
34 Eye
35 Ear
36 Nose
37 Wow
38 Pretty
39 John (how could I forget this one?)
40 Ho ho ho
41 Bonk
42 Stuck

*I keep adding more as I remember them.

1 comment:

Strand Family said...

Wow! That's a lot of words.