Saturday, November 8, 2008

Week one of work and daycare


So, for those of you who don't know yet, I just completed my first week as a preschool teacher. I really enjoy the work and my day seems to fly by fast.

I hate that Evie is in daycare, though. She just doesn't get the same attention as she did when she was home. I'm also upset that they haven't heard talk at all. Just proves to me how little attention she's getting because with any interaction she'll coo. One of them even told me that "she's such a good baby I forgot she was here." Um...hello! Not the type of thing a mom wants to hear about her daughter's day at daycare.

The only reason she's still there is because I work in the same building and get to feed her myself and see her at minimum 3 times a day. As soon as I get some experience as a preschool teacher and Evie's old enough, we're both moving to the preschool at our church. Two weeks ago I found out that they are always looking for teachers and I should apply. I'd apply there right away but Evie's not old enough to go there yet.

1 comment:

Strand Family said...

That's so disappointing, especially since you are there and you still don't feel she gets enough attention. How many people are in her class? There will be a total of 6 infants and 2 teachers at Penny's daycare and I'll be able to go feed her at lunch. Still won't be easy.
Penny does well at tummy time. She enjoys it and smiles for a few minutes but by 5 minutes she starts getting cranky.