Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Healthy, home and happy


We came home yesterday and are slowly getting settled into things at home. It's nice to be able to adjust to our own routines without being poked and prodded by nurses and doctors.

Tomorrow we are getting a home visit from a nurse to just check that things are going well with Evie and me. I think it's great that they do a home visit for first time parents. We also have Evie's first doctor's appointment on Friday. Normally they wait 2 weeks before seeing newborns but she lost a bit more weight than they like to see while we were in the hospital. I'm not worried, though. My milk just came in yesterday so she's finally been getting more to eat.

Other than that, things are going great. Thanks to each of you who have visited and offered food or help when you come over. It's been a huge help. I've finally been able to get more than 2 hours of sleep in a day!

No comments: