Thursday, July 3, 2008

Getting so close!

Six weeks left until my due date. Time is flying by and creeping at a snail's pace all in one. It seems like we are still completely unprepared. We have yet to finish the baby's room, get or set up most of the gear (having a changing table set up counts, right?), pack a hospital bag, finish the basement, etc.

At least the basement keeps progressing and is getting closer to being done. The laundry room floor will be done tonight. The bedroom is done being sheetrocked and just needs some mudding/taping, paint, and carpet. The sitting room will be, hopefully, sheetrocked by the end of this weekend. Then maybe I can get carpet sometime next week! The only thing that probably won't be finished before the baby comes is the bathroom, which is fine by me!

Everything with the baby seems to be progressing well. At my last appointment with the midwife I discovered that the baby could be measuring up to 4 weeks ahead. That doesn't necessarily mean that she'll come early, but it could mean I'm having a BIG baby. I hope not. We're shooting for a weight somewhere around what Shaun was when he was born: 7lbs and some odd ounces.

In the mean time, she definitely seems to be running out of room in there. The kicks have become painful, especially during her most active time - my bedtime. Based on last night's performance I'm thinking my entire insides are black and blue. It is amusing to see my entire belly move from side to side, though. During a meeting yesterday she just would not stop, lol, and I think a couple of people thought it was odd.

*Yawn* I want to do nothing but go back to sleep this morning! Instead I'm off to get ready for work!

No comments: